Saturday, June 27, 2009

One day, at Disneyland...

...I met Michael Jackson. I was about 7 years old and he was in a wheel chair and wearing an oft-donned surgical mask. I remember it very vaguely and my memory has been strengthened by the snapshots taken of this meeting (which are now in some Rubbermaid bin at my parent's house). But I do remember his lit up eyes and, of course, a very gentle disposition.

Anyway, the truly interesting part of this, to me, is when I met M.J., I was exiting the ride "Peter Pan" while he was just about to board the flight to Never, Never land. Rapidly, a huge group of people formed around the exit from the ride, waiting for Michael to appear. After a long time of waiting, much longer than it takes to fly to Never, Never land and back, people began to leave, it seems Michael never found the exit.

True story.

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar experience in Beverly Hills. Orlando Bloom was in some store on rodeo dr and paparazzi gathered to take his picture but he never came out. Later I found out that most most on Rodeo have secret passageways for stars to escape, how disappointing...

    ReplyDelete